With only one weekend left before the start of the spring season, we will be having the 2013 Soulard Open 9 hole pub golf in Soulard this Saturday. Team registration is at 4:30pm at the International Tap House with a prompt Tee off at 5:30pm. Golf attire is required and there are some rules that go along with the game.
- Each Pub is a hole and as such has a par and a specified drink. Your score is the number of
mouthfuls for the drink. The par and the drink will be specified for each hole
- A mouthful (stroke) is defined as taking the glass to the mouth and drinking. When the glass
leaves your mouth, or you stop drinking, your stroke has finished.
- No player shall utter a single sound while the Fines Masters speak (a drinking fine will be
- The Fine’s Masters’ decisions are always final
- All teams will pair up, keeping drinks in sight of one another and keeping track of strokes
- Golfers may rotate players from one hole to the next but no golfer is allowed to play more than
two holes in a row
- Golfers not wearing golfing attire will add points to their score
- Straws are not allowed to be used at any point on the course
- In the unlikely event of a tie both teams involved will partake in one playoff hole, racing against
- Players are encouraged to attempt as many hole in ones as possible
- Any drinks spilled will incur a penalty.
- Drink substitution may be allowed at the Fine Masters’ discretion but will incur a penalty.
Substitution must be same type of drink. May be played only twice per team
- Teams may elect someone for a one time use as a joker on any one particular hole. Score for
that hole shall be doubled.
- If a hole has been designated a water hazard you are not allowed to use the restroom. Penalty
for violation is playing the hole again. Total shots for both attempts will be tallied for score
- Any drinks played outside the competition will not influence the score
- These rules are subject to change without notice