The Bombers won both games today beating Dubuque 41-10 and Fox Valley 22-7. The Bombers will play Lincoln Park on Sunday at noon.
This Saturday is the 65th Annual St. Louis Gateway Ruggerfest at Creve Coeur Park. This two day tournament features teams from around the Mid-West with High School, Collegiate, and Semi-Professional teams. The Bombers will be entering one team into the two day tournament. There will be no Old Boys games this year, but the Old Boys can play with the active team. The Bombers first game is at 9AM against Dubuque on field #3 followed by the second game at Noon and a match on Sunday. The weather is looking to be very nice and warm so make sure you bring a chair and sunscreen.
Some basic match rules:
- All matches are 20 minutes halves except for the Finals – They are 30 minute halves
- Open substitutions are permitted except in the Finals
- Arrive at you assigned pitch at least 5 minutes before scheduled kickoff.
Some Tournament rule:
- Alcohol may NOT be brought into the park. St. Louis Co. Ord. 616.060
- No nudity of any kind (including Zulus)
- Use Permanent or temporary restroom facilities only. Public urination could be ticketed by Park Rangers
You may not be able to bring Alcohol in, but you can purchase beer from the Schlafly beer truck. American Rugby Outfitters will accept cash and credit but there will not be any ATM so make sure to bring cash. Parking is limited so if you can carpool, please do so. There will be police and park ranger to assist with parking.
We look forward to seeing everyone at this tournament and cheer the Bombers onto victory!